From almond-shaped eyes to round eyes to narrow eyes – each eye shape has unique characteristics to consider when applying make-up. For deep-set eyes, for example, make-up looks like Smokey Eyes and Retro Eyeliner are rather inappropriate. With the right make-up you can easily compensate for the disadvantages of this eye shape and make the eyes look bigger. Below are some tips and tricks on how to put on deep-set eyes especially great.
Do you have deep-set eyes?
If the eyes are deep in the caves, so that you do not see much of the moving eyelids with your eyes open, it’s called low-lying eyes. To find out if you have deep-set eyes or not, stand in front of a mirror and answer the following questions:
Is the moving lid clearly visible? Is it covered by the overlying skin? Do you also have a slight slip-up problem? If you answered “yes” to all questions, you might have deep-set eyes.
Draw a line through the middle of the eyes. If the outer corner of your eye is on the same line (not higher or lower), then all the following tips will apply to you!
Make-up eyes so that they are deep-set
1. Before applying your eyeshadow, prepare your eyelids with an eyeshadow primer. Women with deep-set eyes know too well how annoying it can be when their eyeshadow smears.
2. It is best to apply eye makeup with your eyes open, as a large part of your eyelid disappears and it can be difficult to find the natural fold with your eyes closed.
3. Apply the eyeshadow directly on the upper eyelid so that it is still clearly visible with the eyes open.
4. It is best to use dull eyeshadows. All shimmering shades reflect the light and are not suitable for the upper eyelid. So if you want to distract attention from the loopholes, use glitter to accentuate the moving eyelid, the inner corner of the eye and the lower edge of the eye .
5. A white kohl on the waterline opens the eye and makes the face look wiser. If possible, avoid the use of black kohl or choose colors such as anthracite, gray and brown.
6. Invest in a water-resistant mascara with a lot of volume. Since your eyelashes often touch the brow bones, you should avoid smeared mascara in any case.
7. Drawing the perfect eyeline is probably a big challenge for many low-eyed ladies. It is best to wear your eyeliner very thin.
8. You can also put on a “false eyelid” that is higher on your eyelid. Cut crease is the new eye make-up trend and is perfect for deep-set eyes!
Prominent ladies with deep-seated eyes include: Jennifer Lawrence, Hayden Penettiere, Taylor Swift, Nicole Kidman, Gisele Bundchen, Karlie Kloss, Renee Zellweger, Milla Jovovic, Malin Akerman and Blake Lively. Browse through our picture gallery and be inspired by her glamorous make-up looks!