The Mohawk or Iroquois cut is a radical hair shave that completely shaves off the sides. The top coat stays a bit longer and can be styled in different ways. However, if you do not want such an extreme haircut, just an extravagant hairstyle, then the Faux Hawk has just the right styling. So you can easily test whether you would like a classic mohawk cut . Today, we will show you how to make the Mohawk with long hair using a guide and many examples. Let yourself be inspired!
Iroquois with a difference – This is the wrong Iro for long hair!
Faux Hawk or Fohawk for short is based on the typical Iro hairstyle, whereby the ‘Faux’ or ‘F’ is wrong and that means – a false Iroquois. In the trendy hairstyle for long hair, the established Hahnenkamm, also called spikes, only imitated. So you do not shave your hair, but style it as shaved after.
The keyword for the Faux Hawk hairstyle is volume on the top of the head. To style a fake iro, you have to take the side hairs, so that the impression that they are shaved. You can do this with styling gel, hairpins or pigtails. Cool hairstyle ideas for the different variants can be found in our picture gallery.
The Faux Hawk for long hair is a multi-faceted hairstyle that suits different occasions. It can be both completely put up, as well as half open. Even as a festive hairstyle of elegantly styled Fohawk is well suited. It is important only to find the right styling for the occasion.
Instructions for a Fohawk for long hair
Now let’s show you how to easily make a faux hawk hairstyle for long hair. In this variant, the hair remains open, with the sides are plugged.
That’s how it’s done:
1. Wash hair with shampoo and conditioner and blow-dry.
2. Comb well, split the top coat and tie a simple topknot.
3. Starting from one side, divide a small strand of hair, twirl and fix in the middle of the head with a hair clip.
4. Continue in the same way until all hair is inserted at the side to the nape of the neck.
5. Then insert the hair on the other side in the same way.
6. Now your hair should look like a casual ponytail. Then release the hair bun, comb through again and toup with a Toupier comb in the approach.
7. Finally twirl the top hair a bit with your fingers and lower it over the rest of your hair.
Your Faux Hawk hairstyle is ready! However, if it is a more complicated variant that you can not replicate yourself, then leave it in the hands of an expert.
Faux Hawk inspiration from Janelle Monáe
A famous lady, the false Iro is beautiful on various occasions, is the American singer Janelle Monáe. Below we have put together their best looks with Fohawk.
Fohawk hairstyles for long hair for re-styling
In our picture gallery you will find many ideas as inspiration for a stylish long hair hair style faux hawk hairstyle. Whether completely raised or semi-open, you decide yourself!